Incidence of bacterial infections with multidrug resistance is increasing rapidly, generating the need for novel, broad-spectrum carbapenem-based antibiotics for the treatment of various bacterial infections. Broad-spectrum carbapenem-based antibiotics such as tebipenem (Spero Therapeutics Inc.) and sulopenem (Iterum Therapeutics Inc.) are at late stage clinical development with expected launch of both in 2020 – 2021. Incidence of bacterial infections is increasing rapidly across the world offering significant revenue generating opportunities for the carbapenem-based antibiotics market.
Multidrug resistance to currently marketed carbapenem-based antibiotics is largely prevalent in the world. Also, expiry of patent for ertapenem is expected to offer new avenues for market growth in regulated as well as non-regulated carbapenem-based antibiotics market where its adoption & availability are comparatively limited. On the back of these factors, the global sales of carbapenem-based antibiotics is estimated to reach a valuation of US$1.8 Bn by 2029.
For detailed insights on enhancing your product footprint, request for a sample here-
“ Recently, FDA granted Qualified Infectious Disease Product (QIDP) to sulopenem as well as tebipenem for new indications, which is further expected to broaden the growth prospect of the carbapenem-based antibiotics market,” says the Fact.MR Analyst.
Key Takeaways of Carbapenem-based Antibiotics Market Study
- Larger patient pools and launch of novel products for the treatment of bacterial infections are expected to shape the carbapenem-based antibiotics market landscape.
- Increasing prevalence of bacterial infections caused by longer stay in hospitals as well as immunocompromising chronic diseases that make patients prone to bacterial infections is expected to boost carbapenem-based antibiotics market growth.
- Currently, the carbapenem-based antibiotics market is dominated by ertapenem. However, tebipenem is expected to gain traction during the forecast period in terms of revenue.
- In terms of indication, pneumonia is expected to garner highest market share as compared to other bacterial infections owing to a large patient pool.
Need more information about Report Methodology? Click here- https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=RM&rep_id=4425]
Fact.MR’s study on the carbapenem-based antibiotics therapy market offers information divided into four important segments – product, indication, sales channel, and region. This report offers comprehensive data and information about the important market dynamics, and growth parameters associated with these categories.
Key Segments of Carbapenem-based Antibiotics Market
Strategic Expansion by Dominant Players Benefiting Market
The carbapenem-based antibiotics market is dominated by top three players including Merck Co. & Inc., Pfizer Inc., and Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma Co., Ltd. These leading players in the carbapenem-based antibiotics market contribute around 80% to 90% revenue share. Clinical stage companies such as Spero Therapeutic Inc. and Iterum Therapeutics Inc. with the launch of their novel carbapenem-based antibiotics are expected to acquire significant market space. In October 2017, Spero Therapeutics, Inc. and Meiji Seika Pharma Co., Ltd. announced an exclusive licensed partnership for its carbapenem-based antibiotic named SPR994 (tebipenem). In a similar development, Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma in June 2017, announced a partnership with Zuellig Pharma for sales of carbapenem-based antibiotic meropenem in five countries of Southeast Asia (Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore, Philippines, Malaysia) and Hong Kong.
Full Access of this Exclusive Report is Available at-
Key Questions Answered in Fact.MR’s Carbapenem-based Antibiotics Market Report
- Which regions will continue to remain the most profitable regional markets for carbapenem-based antibiotics market players?
- Which factors will essentially induce a change in the demand for carbapenem-based antibiotics in the forecast period?
- How will changing trends impact the carbapenem-based antibiotics market?
- What are key manufacturers’ strategy to enhance their product adoption and improve regional product footprints?
- Which companies are leading the carbapenem-based antibiotics market?
Looking for more information?
The research study on carbapenem-based antibiotics market by Fact.MR incorporates an unbiased assessment of key demand-driving factors and trends which have shaped the landscape of carbapenem-based antibiotics over 2014 – 2018 and includes a detailed assessment of key parameters that are anticipated to exert influence over 2019 – 2029. Market statistics have been presented on the basis of product type (Meropenem, imipenem, ertapenem, tebipenem, doripenem, panipenem, etc.), indication (intra-abdominal infections, urinary tract infections, pneumonia, bacterial meningitis, skin and skin structure infections, acute pelvic infections, prophylaxis of surgical site infection, respiratory tract infections, others), sales channel (hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, online pharmacies) across seven major regions.
Market research and consulting agency with a difference! That’s why 80% of Fortune 1,000 companies trust us for making their most critical decisions. We have offices in the US and Dublin, whereas our global headquarter is in Dubai. While our experienced consultants employ the latest technologies to extract hard-to-find insights, we believe our USP is the trust clients have in our expertise. Spanning a wide range – from automotive & industry 4.0 to healthcare & retail, our coverage is expansive, but we ensure even the most niche categories are analyzed. Reach out to us with your goals, and we’ll be an able research partner.
US Sales Office:
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583