The study offers a comprehensive overview on diverse features that are inducing demand, revenue generation, and sales in the Optical Interconnect Market across the globe.
The global optical interconnect market was valued at US$ 10.2 Billion in 2021, and is projected to register a Y-o-Y increase of 13.7% in 2022 to be valued at US$ 11.6 Billion. During the 2022-2032 period of assessment, demand is expected to rise at a 12.5% value CAGR, likely to reach US$ 37.6 Billion by the end of the said forecast period.
Download FREE Sample Copy of This Report:
The following insights and evaluations are worth knowing for any market participant, helping them in ascertaining the prevailing dynamics and the future trajectories of the Optical Interconnect Market. They are a part of the estimations of the opportunities in various segments. The additional new opportunities have turned the Global Demand of Optical Interconnect Market into a fragmented landscape with more entry-level players entering the market, thanks to low barriers for investments.
Key Segments Covered in the Optical Interconnect Market Study
- Optical Interconnect Market by Product Type :
- Optical Interconnect Cable Assemblies
- Indoor Cable Assemblies
- Outdoor Cable Assemblies
- Active Optical Cables
- Multi-Source Agreements
- Optical Interconnect Connectors
- LC Connectors
- SC Connectors
- ST Connectors
- MPO/MTO Connectors
- Optical Transceivers
- Free Space Optics, Fiber and Waveguides
- Silicon Photonics
- PIC-based Interconnects
- Optical Engines
- Optical Interconnect Cable Assemblies
- Optical Interconnect Market by Interconnect Level :
- Metro and Long-haul Optical Interconnect
- Board-to-Board and Rack-level Optical Interconnect
- Chip- and Board-level Optical Interconnect
- Optical Interconnect Market by Fiber Mode :
- Single Mode Fiber
- Multimode Fiber
- Optical Interconnect Market by Data Rate :
- Less than 10 Gbps
- 10 Gbps to 40 Gbps
- 41 Gbps to 100 Gbps
- More than 100 Gbps
- Optical Interconnect Market by Application :
- Data Communication
- Optical Interconnect Market by Distance :
- Less than 1 Km
- 1 Km to 10 Km
- 11 Km to 100 Km
- More than 100 Km
- Optical Interconnect Market by Region :
- North America
- Asia pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
Outlook on Market Size Evaluation
The market has been analyzed for each market segment in terms of value (US$ Mn).
Market estimates at global and regional levels for Optical Interconnect are available in terms of “US$ Mn” for value. A Y-o-Y growth contrast on prominent market segments, along with market attractiveness evaluation, has been incorporated in the report. Furthermore, absolute dollar opportunity analysis of all the segments adds prominence to the report. Absolute dollar opportunity plays a crucial role in assessing the level of opportunity that a manufacturer/distributor can look to achieve, along with identifying potential resources, considering the sales and distribution perspective in the global Optical Interconnect market.
In-depth Analysis on Competitive Landscape
Prominent manufacturers of optical Interconnect market are eyeing technological innovations in order to provide the most accurate and precise system arrangements to their customers. As the threat of technology looms large over the world, companies are forging collaborative agreements with government entities to enhance their presence across major geographies. In addition, the vendors are likely to leverage upgradation and product differentiation to gain an edge over other competitors in the market.
- In April 2020, NVIDIA Corporation acquired a US-based provider of optical interconnects Mellanox Technologies, Ltd. Through this acquisition, NVIDIA Corporation combines it datacenter with high-performance networking technologies of Mellanox.
- In December 2020, Corning Inc. expand its Cabarrus County fiber optic cable plant in Concord, by spending US 450 Million, this will generate new jobs and make it the largest facility of its type in the world.
- In November 2020, Ayar Labs initiated funding for manufacturing chip solutions based on optical networking principal’s architecture. The amount raised was US$ 35 Million. This funding will be used to continue developing its product and working on further commercialization
Global Optical Interconnect Market: Research Methodology
A number of primary and secondary sources were consulted during the course of the study. Secondary sources include Factiva, Morningstar and Hoovers, and company annual reports and publications. Comprehensive interviews have been conducted by our analysts, and the intelligence and insights obtained have been used for validating the information gained through secondary research. The report also includes a description of assumptions and acronyms utilized for research purposes. Data gathered has been validated using the triangulation method to offer useful quantitative and qualitative insights into the Optical Interconnect market.