The feeding distillers dried grains with solubles (DDGS) market is anticipated to experience steady growth, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.8% in terms of value over the assessment period spanning from 2018 to 2028. The feeding of Distiller Dried Grains with Solubles (DDGS) has gained prominence as a crucial component of livestock nutrition. DDGS is a co-product of the ethanol production process, primarily derived from corn.
The utilization of DDGS in animal feed has witnessed significant growth due to its cost-effectiveness, nutritional value, and sustainability. As the ethanol industry continues to expand, the production of DDGS has also increased, offering an abundant and reliable source of feed for livestock, poultry, and aquaculture.
Get Free Sample Copy of This Report-https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=907
Feeding Distiller Dried Grains with Solubles (DDGS) Market Demand
The demand for feeding Distiller Dried Grains with Solubles (DDGS) in animal nutrition is driven by several key factors:
- Nutritional Value: DDGS is rich in protein, with a protein content that often exceeds that of traditional feed grains like corn. Additionally, it contains essential amino acids, making it a valuable protein source in animal diets.
- Energy Content: DDGS is an energy-dense feed ingredient due to its high-fat content. This energy density makes it an attractive option for livestock and poultry diets, aiding in efficient weight gain and production.
- Cost-Effective: DDGS is often priced competitively compared to other feed ingredients, making it an economical choice for farmers and livestock producers. Its cost-effectiveness contributes to reducing overall feed production expenses.
- Sustainability: The utilization of DDGS in animal feed aligns with sustainability goals in the agriculture industry. By repurposing a co-product from the ethanol production process, DDGS contributes to reducing food waste and resource utilization.
- Variability: DDGS is available in various formulations, allowing farmers and nutritionists to select the most suitable type for their specific livestock or poultry needs. This versatility enhances its applicability in different animal diets.
- Non-Ruminant and Ruminant Feeds: DDGS can be incorporated into both non-ruminant (poultry, swine) and ruminant (cattle, sheep) animal diets, making it a versatile choice for a wide range of livestock.
- Global Availability: DDGS is produced in significant quantities in regions with active ethanol production, such as the United States. This global availability ensures a consistent supply for feed manufacturers and farmers worldwide.
Challenges for Feeding Distillers Dried Grains with Solubles (DDGS) Market: The Rise of Alternative Nutrition Enhancers
During the drying process, a variety of volatile organic compounds can be synthesized or released, potentially altering the flavor profile of the product. This alteration can render it unsuitable for animal feed applications, particularly for pigs.
As a consequence, there is a notable decrease in the consumption of diets that incorporate feeding distillers dried grains with solubles (DDGS), leading to them being considered undesirable and, in some cases, discarded in landfills.
The emergence of alternative nutrition enhancers, such as corn-soybean diets, which offer high nutritional value resulting in increased feed intake, poses a potential challenge to the sales of feeding distillers dried grains with solubles (DDGS). This competition from alternatives has the potential to negatively impact the growth trajectory of the feeding distillers dried grains with solubles (DDGS) market.
Get Customization on this Report for Specific Research Solutions –https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=RC&rep_id=907
The feeding of Distiller Dried Grains with Solubles (DDGS) plays a crucial role in modern animal nutrition. Its nutritional value, cost-effectiveness, sustainability, and versatility make it a preferred choice for livestock and poultry feed. As the ethanol industry continues to expand, DDGS production is expected to grow, meeting the increasing demand for high-quality animal feed ingredients and contributing to the efficiency and sustainability of animal agriculture.
Fact.MR is a market research and consulting agency with deep expertise in emerging market intelligence. Spanning a wide range – from automotive & industry 4.0 to healthcare, technology, chemical and materials, to even the most niche categories.
US Sales Office
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583, +353-1-4434-232