According to a new report published by Fact.MR – a market research and competitive intelligence provider, the global sponge detection system market was valued at US$ 107 Mn in 2020, and is predicted to expand at a CAGR of 5.7% during the forecast period (2021–2031).
Retention of surgical sponges inside a patient’s body is considered a major medical error by the World Health Organization (WHO). Retained surgical sponge is the most dangerous among all due to complications of severe. The sponge gets easily retained since it is small in size, and once it gets soaked in blood, it is difficult to separate from the surrounding tissues.
For detailed insights on enhancing your product footprint, request for a sample here – https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=2566
There are no known procedures to completely reduce the risk of retained sponges, though sponge detection systems can decrease the incidence rate. Growth in demand for sponge detection systems is mainly driven by increasing need for control and prevention measures during surgery. Rising cases of emergency surgeries, lack of awareness among surgeons, and favorable reimbursement policies are also driving market growth.
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- Radiofrequency detection systems are expected to gain more than 41% revenue share in the market by 2031 expanding at a CAGR of 4.5% over the forecast period (2021–2031).
- Sponge detection systems are widely used during abdominal surgeries; thus it is gaining the largest share among all applications with a projected market share of 24.7% by the end of 2031.
- Among all the end users, hospitals are expected to account for more than 46% of the market share, owing to rising awareness for controlling the number of retained surgical sponges after surgery.
- North America held a major share in the global market for sponge detection systems in 2020, and a similar trend is expected to continue during the forecast period due to higher adoption of advanced systems in healthcare facilities and increase in healthcare expenditure in the region.
- Manufacturers are actively involved in portfolio expansion and collaboration with various companies to gain a larger market share.
For critical insights on this market, request for methodology here – https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=RM&rep_id=2566
Segments Covered in Sponge Detection System Market Insights
- Computer-assisted Sponge Count Devices
- Radiofrequency Sponge Detection Systems
- Radiofrequency Identification Sponge Detection Systems
- Hand-held Sponge Detection Systems
- Bench Top Sponge Detection Systems
For in-depth competitive analysis, buy now – https://www.factmr.com/checkout/2566
Key players are competing to increase their market share, and continue to depend on collaborations, acquisitions, alliances, and product launches to provide access to new technologies in both, new and existing markets.
Key manufacturers are entering into strategic agreements with leading players to expand their product portfolios across countries.
Explore Fact.MR’s Coverage on the Healthcare Domain:
Leukocyte Count Testing Market – According to the latest research by Fact.MR, the leukocyte count testing market is set to witness exponential growth with over 7%-8% CAGR during 2021-2031. Increasing bacterial infection with the growing adoption of point of care devices will witness a promising growth outlook for leukocyte count testing in the long run.
At-Home Celiac Testing Market – According to the Latest Research by the Fact.MR The Celiac Testing market is set to gain growth in the forecast period 2021-2031 at a CAGR of 8.0%. The Reason for the growth is The increase in prevalence of Celiac disease globally.
Polysaccharide Hemostatic System Market – According to the latest research by Fact.MR, Polysaccharide Hemostatic System market is set to witness a XX% growth during the year 2021-2031.
Market research and consulting agency with a difference! That’s why 80% of Fortune 1,000 companies trust us for making their most critical decisions. We have offices in US and Dublin, whereas our global headquarter is in Dubai. While our experienced consultants employ the latest technologies to extract hard-to-find insights, we believe our USP is the trust clients have on our expertise. Spanning a wide range – from automotive & industry 4.0 to healthcare & retail, our coverage is expansive, but we ensure even the most niche categories are analyzed. Reach out to us with your goals, and we’ll be an able research partner.
US Sales Office:
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583
Unit No: AU-01-H Gold Tower (AU),
Plot No: JLT-PH1-I3A,
Jumeirah Lakes Towers,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Visit Our Website: https://www.factmr.com